It's a gloomy, rainy day here today, but I've been nudged by my friend Corinne to do the "sunshine thing" as she calls it (an old school way of sharing and connecting to other bloggers), so I'm just going to get over myself and the gloom and do it. I met Corinne back when I started blogging in 2010. She is one of the kindest souls I know, and if it weren't for her (I've said this before), I don't think I would have continued on this blogging journey. However rocky it may be at times, I'm still here and I am better for it. So...
Here are the rules:
~ Acknowledge the nominating blogger
~ Share 11 random facts about yourself
~ Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger creates for you
~ List 11 bloggers
~Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they've been nominated (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.) And away we go...
Some random facts about me...
- I collect rocks and cameras.
- My favorite book from childhood is Uncle Remus.
- I have a really good memory. I consider it both a blessing and a curse.
- My first car was a bright yellow 1970 Camaro.
- I'm and introvert AND an extrovert. I frustrate myself sometimes.
- My best "party trick" is something I learned on the kid's show Zoom when I was 7. (If you want to see it...it's Bernadette at :37)
- I've read a lot of self-help books in the past six years, but The Secret Life of Bees, by Sue Monk Kidd is the book that changed me.
- Ironically, unrelated to the book, I'll be keeping bees for the first time this summer.
- My favorite toy growing up, was my portable tape recorder. I logged many hours as either "spy" or "DJ".
- I don't like air conditioning. I never turn it on in my car and only when I really need to in the house.
- I've held a hummingbird in my hands. Letting it go was amazing.
...How was that for random?
My answers to Corinne's questions...
- What is the song you could listen to on repeat for hours? This was a hard one for me. I like so many different kinds of music and some songs hold a lot of meaning for me, but I couldn't listen to them for hours. I settled on three that I know I have listened to on repeat...George Michael - Freedom, The Eagles - Seven Bridges Road, and The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back.
- What was your first job? Burger King...ugh!
- What are three of your passions? making/creating, gardening, and treasure hunting
- When and where do you feel most at peace? When I'm near water...river, beach, even a tiny creek will do. Also, lazy day lounging with my kids.
- What do you love to do that stretches you out of your comfort zone? This...anything social media related.
- As a child what did you want to be when you grew up? a writer or a marine biologist
- What was the last concert you went to? Other than my kid's orchestra and choir concerts, the last "grown-up" concert I went to was the Barenaked Ladies in 2010.
- How would you spend a day free of commitments and have to's and should do's? Add blueberry or chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast to #4 and that would be it.
- Favorite holiday and why? Halloween...I always feel like I should say Christmas, but Halloween just makes me happy...the candy, the costumes, the pumpkin carving...I love it all.
- What's on your wish list right now? a new home (with lots of land!), a Polaroid sx-70 camera, and a VW bus
- What actor will you watch in anything, no matter the quality of the movie? Matt Damon (For example, have you ever seen the movie, Gerry?)
List 11 bloggers..
Instead of listing 11 people...how about...if you happen to read this post and you want to join in the fun, then consider yourself tagged, just let me know in the comments.
Here are your 11 questions...
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- Is there anyone famous that you feel might leave you starstruck if you met them in person?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What would you do with your time everyday if money were no object?
- What was the last really big life lesson that you learned?
- Favorite flower and why?
- What is your best birthday memory?
- Can you remember the details of a random act of kindness situation where you were either the giver or the receiver and how it made you feel?
- When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
- Favorite movie and why?
- If you were forced to pick just one form of social media (facebook, twitter, blog, instagram, etc...) what would it be?
So that's it! I did it. Thanks so much Corinne for giving me a nudge to get me out of my writer's slump. I do understand now one of the things that hold me back when I come to this space to write. It's the time it takes...the process of getting lost in it. That's the demon I need to wrestle with.
But, this was fun.